Saturday, August 20, 2005

Here Come the Guides

I want to do a series of primers on combat techniques on WoW. Many of these will be familiar to the "higher level" players, because we have been honing them across many months on WoW, and, in fact, on numerous games before WoW. However, it never hurts to reiterate, just to make sure that we are all on the same page.

So, I am going to start. However, anyone should feel free to post their own guides. And, furthermore, if someone disagrees with me, they should feel free to say so. If we are going to have a strategy, then we all need to make sure we understand it and are using it. If someone disagrees with the strategy, that's fine, but, in a 5-man, high-level instance, if 4 people are running one strategy, and the 5th is running a different one, that's a sure recipe for disaster.

As for myself, most of my strategy guides will be based on a combination of experience + logic. You should be able to distinguish between which is more heavily weighted by (1) the subject and (2) how I say things. In other words, if I write about warriors, you can bet that it's mostly experience, but, if I write about healing techniques, it may be more based upon logic. Also, in my guides, I will try to "reveal" secrets and tips that are in the game, but that a lot of people may not know about. For instance, shortcut keys or macros. At some point, as I have been promising, I will also adress some advantages of various Add Ons and User Interfaces.

So, let me begin with the first guide, which is on selecting Mobs ...

No comments: